Thursday, May 29, 2014

#YesAllWomen

The hashtag #YesAllWomen was hiding from me. I didn't know it existed, but now that I know it does I can't stop reading tweets with the hashtag. It provides an opportunity for awareness and hopefully a catalyst for change. I'm sure some are not worth reading into, but most of them are interesting and bold. And I love that. They're true and they're honest. Here's a glimpse:

“If more men said “don’t be that guy” to each other instead of “not all men” to women… what a wonderful world this could be.”

I shouldn't have to hold my car keys in hand like a weapon & check over my shoulder every few seconds when I walk at night

Zamurai Jack ‏@ZAmmi
because "I have a boyfriend" is more likely to get a guy to back off than "no," because they respect other men more than women.

Adelaide Kane ‏@AdelaideKane
Not ALL men harras women. But ALL women have, at some point, been harassed by men. Food for thought.

nita belegu ‏@nitabelegu
because apparently the clothes I wear is a more valid form of consent than the words I say

Addie Wagenknecht ‏@wheresaddie
Because men don't text each other that they got home safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment